This Classic Cottage is the Gothic Revival style
and stands on the original 200 acre Vermont farm purchased by Orcas
Wilder in 1795. Property lines ran to North Fayston Road back
to the ends of the fairgrounds and across Route 100 to the
river. The southern border ran just past the house. The property
was farmed by generations of Wilders until 1946 when it was
sold to Vaughn Estey.
The house was built in three stages. The main
mass, a Gothic Revival style Classic Cottage, was erected
c.1860 and is two bays deep. Typical Gothic Revival style
features are its steeply pitched roof with overhanging ogee
bracketed eaves and large central cross gable. In the 1890s
a long 1 ½ story, gable-roofed wing was added to the
back of the house, with a three-sided shed at the rear. In
1985 the dwelling and 3-½ acres of land were sold and
turned into the Wilder Farm Inn.